More than 500 folks turned out for Stowers’ Machine Demo Day April 29 to experience machine demonstrations and get to know Stowers’ people a little bit better.
If you weren’t able to make it, here’s a little bit of what happened:
1. A Trimble machine control and guidance technology demo by SITECH allowed Demo Day attendees to operate excavators and dozers equipped with this technology.
2. We used ProductLink and VisionLink to monitor the performance of the machines that were operating on the yard just outside the exhibits tent, so attendees could better understand the value offered by equipment management technology.
3. A Level Best laser grading box was attached to a Cat 299D2 and controlled using Trimble technology.
4. A full-scale crushing and screening demo allowed attendees to see capabilities of the Screen Machine portable crushing and screening products up close.
5. A display of rental equipment included heavy equipment from Stowers Machinery, Cat machines and aerial equipment from Stowers Rents, and specialty rental equipment from Stowers Power Systems. We even gave a few dozen rides in a 60-foot Genie boom lift for folks who attended.
6. We showed off the 304.5E2 XTC, which features a skid steer interface instead of the machine’s dozer blade, eliminating the need for two machines in many applications where an excavator might be used in tandem with a skid steer loader.
7. Did you see the story earlier this year about the release of remote control technology for Cat skid steer loaders, compact track loaders, and multi terrain loaders? We had a 299D2 XHP running at Demo Day without an operator in the cab